While most computer repair shops can work on the various flavours of Windows there are few shops who have a deep understanding of the Apple range of products. We are proud to say we have over 20 years working on all flavours of Apple macs.
The modern Imac Retina is particularly hard to work on. To be able to access the logic board , drives and RAM you have to cut away the double sided tape that holds the display glass , which is quite fragile , to the aluminum frame. Once inside MAC uses a Fusion drive technology which splits the boot and data volumes. The boot volume is a small SSD and prone to failure but is absolutely essential if you want to recover data from the system.
MacBook Repairs , Macbook Pro & Macbook Air
One of the most common task we perform is upgrading of MacBook solid state drives. Macbook SSD’s come with a proprietary interface which has changed across the various models for a complete discussion see https://beetstech.com/blog/apple-proprietary-ssd-ultimate-guide-to-specs-and-upgrades . In addition the standard Apple SSD’s are expensive but fortunately there aftermarket models like OWC however these drives while being compatible with a particular MacBook often require a particular OS version. eg Modern OWC ssd drives will not work with Mavericks but will work with High Sierra.
Here at common macbook repair steps which would repair the most common Mac problems are:
1)Reset the SMC
2) Reset the NVRAM/PRAM
3)Reboot in Safe Mode.
4) Look for with high CPU usage in Activity Monitor t.
5) Boot to recovery mode and perform a File System Check.
Things we can Fix
- Operating System Not booting and picture of file showing on the screen.
- Spinning wheel of death
- Hard drive replacement and recovery
- MAC running slow needing Memory Upgrade.
- SSD drive replacement and recovery
- Damaged Screen.
- Damaged Trackpad and/or Keyboard.
- Power Button not worling
- Failed Sync between you MAC and iPhone.
- Liquid Spill/Water Damage.
126a Whatley Crescent
0405 119 483